Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Best news ever!!!

SO YESTERDAY I WENT FOR VISIT TO CHECK ON THE CONCRETER AND HOW THEY WERE GOING WITH THE ALFRESCO SLAB. I HAD A PEEK INSIDE TO FIND THAT THEY HAD DELIVERED THE OVEN, COOKTOP, DISHWASHER AND MICROWAVE. I ASSUME THEY WERE READY TO INSTALL THESE APPLIANCES SOON.


SO TODAY I VISIT THE HOUSE AGAIN. I SAW THE PLUMBER AND ELECTRICIAN THERE TO INSTALL THOSE APPLIANCES WOOHOO.

AS I DROVE AWAY, MY SS CALLED ME. AND ASKED HOW I WAS GOING WITH THE ACOUSTIC TREATMENT. I TOLD THEM THAT THINGS WERE DELAYED. THEN I WENT ON TO ASK IF IT WAS POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN HANDOVER WITH CONDITIONS THAT THE OWNER IS STILL TO ENGAGE FULL CERTIFICATION WITH ACOUSTIC CERTIFIER. HE SAID THAT WAS POSSIBLE, AS LONG AS I COULD ARRANGE PAYMENT. I SAID YES. SO WE HAVE AGREED ON HANDOVER FOR FRIDAY... YES THIS FRIDAY.

IT ENDS UP BEING FOUR DAYS LATER THAN WHAT HE ORIGINALLY PROMISED, BUT HEY. I CAN FORGIVE THEM.

Now it's time to call a few people to arrange jobs to be done.



Ready to pour concrete here
Top steps are a bit wonky, but will be fixed when they pour
Drain connection
Drains
Under alfresco
And here with step outside bifold doors

Completed kitchen
Closeup of oven and cooktop
Microwave and dishwasher
I even got a pad for the gas bottles

2 comments:

Robert Richmond said...

Hey Jay! Well Done. It all looks great, especially the kitchen! Yes. I think the splashback is the same? And the cabinets as well? Sis you get metricon to concrete the back or are you doing this with your own contractor?

JayJay said...

Our own contractor, we got special consideration to allow them in early.