Now this is the real one.
After a false start in March. We've finally done it. We changed the design because the sleeper wall all around the boundary was going to cost about half the costs of the house. There was no way I was going to spend that money on a wall we won't enjoy. We went with a design which was cheaper, but not exactly what we want. We would take the boundary sleeper wall to only take out a few panels of the boundary, then fill an elevated yard. The risks involved with excavating around the boundary without disturbing the main road was too much for any builder to take on. Image if the wall came tumbling down. We would have government and officials over in no time, not to mention the chaos we would cause to traffic along a major arterial.
Now it's up to BCC to do their part so we can start building.